June Market Update


The Summer is definitely the busy season in the real estate industry!


The stats are out for June from the FVREB. Find out how the local market is doing, and what this means for buyers & sellers.


Some report highlights:


- There is a surge in demand for single family homes & townhomes in most Fraser Valley communitites


- The #1 buyer for this property type is families with children 


- As tracked by the MLS home price index (detached, towhouse, and condos combined), the benchmark price for a 'typical' residential propertyincreased 1.3% over June of last year


- According to the MLS HPI the benchmark price for towhouses decreased 0.3% over June of last year 


According to Ray Werger, President of the Board: “Recent news reports indicate that consumer optimism about real estate is at its highest level in a number of years and we’re experiencing that at the ground level". That's good news for the local market.


For more information and to view the full June report by the FVREB, click here.


Want to know more about the local market? Have questions about specific areas or property types? 

We're happy to answer all of your questions to make sure you find a home that's right for you and help you sell your home fast.


Contact us today to schedule a meeting!


No comments

Post Your Comment:

Your email will not be published
Reciprocity Logo The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Greater Vancouver REALTORS® (GVR), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB.